Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wink Martindale!

It was announced today that radio DJ (A DJ at age 16 and currently playing great tunes on Music Of Your Life) and game show host (Gambit, High Rollers, Tic-Tac-Dough) Wink Martindale will be receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame on July 2nd this year. It's about time. Reminds me of the first time I played a Wink Martindale song on the radio. I'll never forget the black label on the 45 rpm record with the colorful "Dot" logo going 'round as I fumbled (trying to be quick and hip) and said "Deck Of Cards by Mart Winkendale..." Gawd, I was so embarrassed, thank goodness I was in North Carolina and Wink was in Hollywood, or New York or somehwere other than within listening distance of my square attempt at being hip. The song sold over a million, and so began my infatuation with Dot Records and collecting them, The Pat Boone maroon Dot labels all the way up to the Donna Fargo orange and red seventies Dot labels. Congrats Wink Martindale, hey, I got his name right this time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home