Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Soul Brothah #1 is 78

The hardest working man in show business, my mannnnnnnnn JAMES BROWN turned 78 years funky today. I just had a flashback to the first J.B. song I ever played on the radio. No, it wasn't "I Got You", "Cold Sweat", or even "Hot Pants". By the time I had gotten into full-time FM radio, Soul Brother #1 was back on the scene with a hot new one called "Living In America" on Scotti Bros. Records, it must have been 1985, I was on over-nights in Charlotte at Z-100, watching the tape roll through a blue Capitol Cart* in a BE cart machine, ahhhhh, those were the days. Happy Birthday James Brown, your moves in the movie "Ski Party" have never been out-done even to this day.
*This was a time in radioland after records and before CD's... duh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home