Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco de Mayo 2006!

To celebrate Cinco de Mayo this year, I shall do as I do every Cinco de Mayo: Listen to both an aircheck of Rick Dees on 93 KHJ on Cinco DeMayo, 1980, and then listen to the BEST Herb Alpert off-shoot of all time, Los Norte Americanos and their first album "The Band I heard In Tijuana" (Actually titled "The Brass I Heard..." but some how my Mom's copy form 1966 had the Canadian issue cover with the alternate title and the American Somerset-Labeled record inside), an LP that is better described as The Big Band Sounds meet Mexico in the Swingin' Sixties, I prefer that, rather than the Alpert comparrison that is so often used. Cielto Lindo is my favorite track, if Austin Powers were Hispanic, this would have been his soundtrack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home