Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Whoopi on mornings

Goot gosh, Whoopi Goldberg has announced today that she will lead a morning drive radio program beginning July 31. The show will air live, weekday mornings from 5-9am nationwide, will be called "Wake Up with Whoopi" and will be syndicated through Premiere Radio. The show is expected to especially appeal to Adult Contemporary stations with a blend of daily topics, comedy, listener call-ins, guests and music locally programmed by the radio stations that carry the show. Sounds like a perfect fit for The Link in Charlotte, if Bob and Sheri weren't already set in that slot.
Whoopi said "Radio is an area I have always wanted to play in, there aren't many women helming their own show. I'm thrilled to add my name to that small list because I believe that we have something to add to the morning groove." Groovy. I still miss Sex Talk with Phylis Levy on WLS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home