Saturday, May 20, 2006

Charlotte Radio Performance

Just got the tabulations for the most shares in ratings by company for Charlotte radio: CBS Radio: 31%; Clear Channel: 22%; Lincoln Financial (Formerly Jefferson Pilot): 9%; Radio One: 8%.
Here's the stations (Highest rated 12+ first):
CBS: WPEG (Power 98), WSOC, WBAV, WNKS (Kiss 95.1), WKQC (K-104), WFNZ/WFNA
CLEAR CHANNEL: WLYT, WKKT, WIBT (The Beat), WRFX, WEND (The End)
LINCOLN FINANCIAL: WBT AM & FM, WLNK (The Link)
RADIO ONE: WQNC, WPZS
Both Lincon and Radio One may look like they're at the bottom, but not bad to be that high with only a couple of stations each, compared to the six that CBS has, and the five that Clear Channel has.
Oh, and another gone but not forgotten : British star Freddie Garrity, lead singer with the band Freddie and the Dreamers, died yesterday at the age of 69 at a hospital in North Wales.
His five-piece band had hits in Britain and the United States with "I'm Telling You Now," "You Were Made For Me" and "Do The Freddie".
Freddie lived in Newcastle-under-Lyme in Staffordshire, and was on holiday with his wife Christine when he was taken to hospital. He had been suffering from emphysema for several years and had been unable to work since 2001.
The group had a goofy picture on the cover of one of their albums with all of them in long night shirts with night caps on, strange that I'll always remember them that way, but that was one of the albums in a frame on the wall in the Oldies 104.3 studios in Alexandria, LA, where I did mornings and I saw it every day for 365 days. Plus I've had the album myself since I was 13 years old. A few people over the years have asked me why I am always smiling with my mouth wide open for pictures, now that I look at it, must have been a subliminal combination of Freddie and Bill Haley. I'm a Freddie Haley! I always thought Jeff Goldblum was Freddie's illegitimate son!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home